A Biblio Paradise

Imagine a room filled with leather-bound books, comfortable armchairs, daylight streaming in through large windows, wooden tables, and lamps throwing inviting pools of light. Imagine a treasure trove of tidbits about books, reading, bookstores, and book-buying experiences. Come and join A Biblio Paradise.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I publish under a half a dozen names in various genres, both fiction and non-fiction.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Why Another Blog?

My dream library is much like the one at Felbrigg in Norfolk, England. It runs the entire length of an upper floor. There are enormous windows, letting in plenty of daylight. There are floor-to-ceiling shelves, beautifully carved, with leather-bound books. Comfortable chairs, wooden tables, and lamps throwing out round pools of inviting light.

It is a paradise for someone who loves books, reading, and writing.

And it is in use.

I decided I needed an online reading room so to speak, where I can talk about my favorite bookstores, authors, books, and book-buying experiences.

I hope you will visit my other blogs:

My blog on the writing life: Ink in My Coffee

My poetry anthology (open to submissions): Circadian Poems

The Thirteen Traveling Journals Project, a project of traveling creativity

The Scruffy Dog Review and its blog, an online literary magazine, where I am an associate editor and write a column entitled "The Literary Athlete".

My websites, DevonEllingtonWork and Fearless Ink (currently moving webhosts and offline -- sorry). The former has information on my work; the latter is my business writing site.

But even if you never visit any of these, I hope you will stop by here occassionally, read a bit, rest a bit, and enjoy A Biblio Paradise.

Many thanks and welcome.

Devon

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

I know how you feel; I often go back and forth on the question of whether to categorize and have multiple blogs or to smush everything together on one. So far the latter approach has worked the best for me because I'm too scatter-brained to maintain more than one site.

But. As I recently mentioned on my blog, I'm entertaining the idea of a monthly longer essay/entry about what I read that month. Maybe even what I bought and didn't read, since I found that approach intriguing in your post above. So, in a way that would be a separate venue, just under the umbrella of my blog.

Anyway, I like this idea and I will add it to my list of haunts!

Sunday, May 14, 2006 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger WriterofLife said...

I am adding you to my blogspot list, as I am a new writer, and find the experiences and advice of other writers invaluable. I also love to read and have lost my entire collecion of books, so to hear about ones I haven't read, and some I have is great!

feel free to pop in to either one of my blogs if you so choose...

http://www.stormcloud9.blogspot.com/

http://tfoxcgrant.blogspot.com/

Many blessings to you...
Carolanne Grant, another writer LOL

Friday, November 10, 2006 9:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home